Healthcare Programmer Developer / Analyst
Are you interested in impacting thousands of lives? Join a dynamic team responsible for research, development, and operational support enabling our physicians to deliver world class patient care.
- Enables delivery of world class care for our patients by transforming data into actionable analytics.
- Designs, develops, and supports core tools for patient care, population outreach, and predictive and prescriptive analytics using database, backend, and frontend expertise.
- Creates reports by linking multiple data sources using SQL and presenting via modern techniques, with attention to efficiency, accuracy, and scalability.
- Develops new and enhances existing datasets through data mining, process automation, workflow modifications, and departmental collaborations.
- Architects robust computing frameworks, integrates systems with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Improves work processes and product quality using continuous quality improvement techniques.
- Establishes long-term relationships with technical, business, and clinical stakeholders.
- Cultivates a strong team by creating a culture of growth, collaboration, and excellence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, physics, statistics, information sciences, or related field. Masters or PhD degrees a plus.
- 2 years of database programming experience. 4 years of backend, frontend experience with working knowledge of healthcare data preferred. Machine learning, data mining experience a plus. Relevant education may be substituted for years of experience.
- Experience with enterprise class systems preferred, e.g. MS SQL, SSRS, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Oracle.
- Solid understanding of release management, change management, application/project lifecycle management, and software development life cycle preferred.
- Highly motivated self-starter committed to achieving results, including a strong sense of ownership and assertively following through to resolution under limited supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Multiple levels available depending on experience, background, and skill set.
HPMG offers an excellent benefit packageHPMG is committed to offering industry-leading benefits such as 100% company-sponsored, comprehensive medical and dental insurance for you and your family, life insurance, long-term care insurance, pension and profit sharing plans, retiree medical, paid time off, extended sick time, holidays, and more.
Hawaii Permanente Medical Group (HPMG) is the state's largest and most experienced multi-specialty group with over 600 physicians and providers supported by more than 100 administrative employees. Together, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality clinical care and services possible to Kaiser Permanente members in Hawaii. Many know Hawaii as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, sunny weather, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Hawaii an excellent place to live.
Please send your resume to the e-mail below and one of our career experts will get back to you shortly.