Professional Development Consultant
HPMG is seeking a Professional Development Consultant who will serve as a clinical consultant to all levels of management and teams to ensure success by determining and prioritizing short- and long- range strategic goals and objectives in alignment with the Region. This position will support physicians, stakeholders, and subject matter experts for the Clinical Professional Development Programs that will design, develop, deliver, market, evaluate and improve standards, systems, and processes for clinical practice and care delivery.
- Facilitates and participates in problem solving to improve Professional Development programs and clinical operations.
- Serves as a resource for project management for administrative and clinical processes. Partners with AMD, AAMD, and physician partners to execute to administrative and clinical initiatives.
- Manages the development/ refinement of new or existing programs to address organizational needs; develops curriculum, materials and learning aids to facilitate attendee learning and skill-building.
- Conducts and manages Professional Development programs to assure program accuracy and effectiveness. Executes to standard work for Clinician-Patient Communication and Admin Professional Development program logistics.
- Assists with facilitation of the Continuous Improvement network with teams through training, education, promotion, coaching, and development of opportunities for advancing Continuous Improvement literacy. Serves as editorial staff member of the Kina‘ole Newsletter and drafts at minimum 6 publications annually.
- Manages meetings for outcomes and deliverables.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors in health related field, public health, psychology, or education. Master’s degree preferred.
- Supervisory/Managerial experience or previous experience managing multiple projects.
- Clinical training in a health care related field preferred.
- Process improvement or quality management expertise preferred.
- Must have knowledge of clinical and hospital operations, quality management, process improvement principles, processes and tools.
- Excellent project management and meeting facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task in a fast- paced environment while meeting short deadlines and the ability to plan, prioritize and organize work.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications: Microsoft Office.
- Improvement Advisor Certification and/or Associate Improvement Advisor Certification preferred.
HPMG offers an excellent benefit packageHPMG is committed to offering industry-leading benefits such as 100% company-sponsored, comprehensive medical and dental insurance for you and your family, life insurance, long-term care insurance, pension and profit sharing plans, retiree medical, paid time off, extended sick time, holidays, and more.
Hawaii Permanente Medical Group (HPMG) is the state's largest and most experienced multi-specialty group with over 600 physicians and providers supported by more than 100 administrative employees. Together, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality clinical care and services possible to Kaiser Permanente members in Hawaii. Many know Hawaii as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, sunny weather, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Hawaii an excellent place to live.