Senior Accounting Analyst
Responsible for the financial transactions of Pacific Permanente Group (PPG) to include, but are not limited to, prepare and issue timely and accurate PPG invoices; prepare and analyze profit / loss financial statements (budget variances, revenue cycle, FTEs, etc.) and operational reports; generate the annual agreement reconciliation and external audit schedules; develop budget and reforecast; and monitor and maintain procedures and controls which conform to program and accounting policies. Assist management with meeting financial and operational targets by analyzing and providing accurate, concise and timely data. Prepare timely and accurate month-end reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
**This position, based on Oahu, will capture transactions from our Maui operations and will require travel to Maui. This is subject to change based on business demands.
- Prepare the financial transactions relating to PPG and Maui Health System (MHS) ensuring the daily accounting and finance operational needs are met.
- Act as primary liaison for PPG and MHS annual reconciliation and PPG financial audit.
- Ensure the accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close of PPG financial transactions; communicate results to Accounting leadership to include (but not limited to) review, and/or approval of monthly journal entries and interfaces to ensure accurate postings are made to the general ledger.
- Prepare the annual budget and reforecast for PPG. Identify operational requirements, facilitate their understanding and conformance with financial goals, summarize requests for PPG Leadership approval, participate in review discussions, prepare and import the final approved budget into the general ledger and communicate the final approved budget to respective managers.
- Prepare monthly PASA agreement variance analysis of PPG financial results and communicate to management.
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliations. Maintain and complete monthly and annual checklists for account reconciliations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field. Master’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or other related field is preferred.
- 3-5 years financial reporting, analysis and accounting experience. Financial accounting experience in a healthcare setting desired.
- Experience with financial management system or large Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Certified Public Accountant highly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of accounts receivable and General Ledger.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must. Requires a strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Must have advanced proficiency in MS Excel: must have the ability to create pivot tables and utilize MS Excel functions (i.e., VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, and CONCATENATE).
HPMG offers an excellent benefit packageHPMG is committed to offering industry-leading benefits such as 100% company-sponsored, comprehensive medical and dental insurance for you and your family, life insurance, long-term care insurance, pension and profit sharing plans, retiree medical, paid time off, extended sick time, holidays, and more.
Hawaii Permanente Medical Group (HPMG) is the state's largest and most experienced multi-specialty group with over 600 physicians and providers supported by more than 100 administrative employees. Together, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality clinical care and services possible to Kaiser Permanente members in Hawaii. Many know Hawaii as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, sunny weather, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Hawaii an excellent place to live.