This position exercises independent judgment in the needs assessment, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of Professional Development programs and activities in partnership with the Director of Professional Development and VP of Strategy, Leadership & Communications. This position designs and maintains the processes and systems that support professional development services.
- Primary contact for client intake and customer service needs; serves in project management capacity to manage department’s work plan and workflows.
- Develops and maintains department systems and processes including: course catalog, event calendar, participant registration, training records, databases to track attendance, work plans and visual management boards.
- Helps design curriculum, materials and learning aids to facilitate learning and skill development.
- Coordinates internal and external learning events, meetings, conferences and web-based sessions.
- Manages relationships with outside presenters, as well as training and supply vendors.
- Learns training curricula to assist with delivery or modify curricula to present to specific audience(s).
- Researches and develops new programs, learning aids, off-the-shelf curricula, delivery methods (technologies) to meet the needs of the organization.
- Manages budget planning and monitoring; exercises discernment for materials, products, and purchases in collaboration with the department manager.
- Collaborates with AMD, AAMD, physician partners and others to assure accuracy and effectiveness of programs.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of two years administrative experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including proper grammar, professional writing, and editing skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Ability to be on-site at events (including early mornings, evenings and weekends).
- Requires a strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
HPMG offers an excellent benefit packageHPMG is committed to offering industry-leading benefits such as 100% company-sponsored, comprehensive medical and dental insurance for you and your family, life insurance, long-term care insurance, pension and profit sharing plans, retiree medical, paid time off, extended sick time, holidays, and more.
Hawaii Permanente Medical Group (HPMG) is the state's largest and most experienced multi-specialty group with over 600 physicians and providers supported by more than 100 administrative employees. Together, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality clinical care and services possible to Kaiser Permanente members in Hawaii. Many know Hawaii as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, sunny weather, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Hawaii an excellent place to live.