Concurrent Inpatient Review Coordinator (RN)
HPMG is searching for a Concurrent Inpatient Review Coordinator (RN) to be responsible for documentation review and data abstracting of medical records, professional services and documentation. Provides consultation, audit and feedback to physicians and non-physicians of the pertinent findings.
- Documentation review and data abstracting of medical records, professional services and documentation.
- Perform documentation review and data abstracting of medical records, professional services and documentation to support the goal of quality medical care for the Professional Coding Department and Physician Coding Champions.
- Identify patterns, trends and variations in documentation practices; assists in evaluation of root cause; takes appropriate steps in collaboration with appropriate staff to affect resolution or explanation of variances.
- Maintains database of findings/diagnoses. Validate new findings to improve patient care.
- Supports the KP care delivery model and documentation & monitoring initiatives. Leads and implements process improvement activities that support key improvement efforts using established best practices/guidelines, methods, and tools in order to achieve specific strategic outcomes.
This is an exempt position.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or 4 years of experience in a directly related field. Master’s degree in public health or nursing or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a licensed clinical operations position.
- Valid Hawaii RN license upon date of hire.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Professional Coder-Physician (CPC-P), or Certified Profession Coder-Hospital (CPC-H) by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Certified Risk Coder (CRC) preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge in area of medical coding and documentation expertise. Remains professionally current.
- Strong knowledge of Federal rules and regulations regarding documentation, coding and risk adjustment.
- Working knowledge of the KPHC (Epic) system preferred.
HPMG offers an excellent benefit packageHPMG is committed to offering industry-leading benefits such as 100% company-sponsored, comprehensive medical and dental insurance for you and your family, life insurance, long-term care insurance, pension and profit sharing plans, retiree medical, paid time off, extended sick time, holidays, and more.
Hawaii Permanente Medical Group (HPMG) is the state's largest and most experienced multi-specialty group with over 600 physicians and providers supported by more than 100 administrative employees. Together, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality clinical care and services possible to Kaiser Permanente members in Hawaii. Many know Hawaii as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, sunny weather, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Hawaii an excellent place to live.