The Contract Specialist will provide various contract management services, with primary focus on physician and medical professional contracting. Manages and maintains integrity and security of contracts management database. Performs other administrative duties, working as part of a team to prepare for and support decision-making by the company’s board of directors, including related to employment agreements and renewals.
- Performs full cycle contract administration and management for employed and contracted physicians and medical providers utilizing contracts management software and templated agreements.
- Manages all contract and agreements and any and all agreements related to employed physicians/providers.
- Applies agreed upon and/or negotiated terms to create contracts using contract templates and working collaboratively with recruiting, finance and legal departments.
- Coordinates and disseminates communication with stakeholders on the status and final disposition of the contract.
- Lead to track, coordinate and communicate upcoming contract renewals, terminations and needed amendments.
- Manages and maintains integrity and security of contract management database.
- Working as part of a team, assists in preparing for and supporting decision-making by the company’s board of directors with regard to contract issues, including related to employment agreements and renewals and processing of shareholder documentation.
- Performs other operational and administrative duties to support the executive leadership team with the successful execution of organizational, regional and national responsibilities.
- Other essential duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Legal, or Health Care Administration or related field; equivalent combination of education and healthcare experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree preferred. Paralegal certification desirable.
- 1-3 years prior experience with procurement of contracts or demonstrated ability to perform a similar function. 3 years prior experience with procurement of contracts preferred.
- 2-3 years of progressively responsible administrative roles supporting leadership in a large organization. 5-7 years working with senior-level executives desired.
- Prior experience in a health care organization preferable.
- Familiarity with contracting and vendor management.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to effectively work independently and manage a contracting or similar business function.
- Excellent organizational abilities with attention to detail.
- Competency in writing business correspondence.
- Proven confidentiality record.
HPMG offers an excellent benefit packageHPMG is committed to offering industry-leading benefits such as 100% company-sponsored, comprehensive medical and dental insurance for you and your family, life insurance, long-term care insurance, pension and profit sharing plans, retiree medical, paid time off, extended sick time, holidays, and more.
Hawaii Permanente Medical Group (HPMG) is the state's largest and most experienced multi-specialty group with over 600 physicians and providers supported by more than 100 administrative employees. Together, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality clinical care and services possible to Kaiser Permanente members in Hawaii. Many know Hawaii as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, sunny weather, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Hawaii an excellent place to live.