Human Resources Operations Consultant
HPMG is recruiting for an experienced Human Resources professional who will conduct and manage various HR operational responsibilities and initiatives. This is a hands-on generalist position reporting to the Executive Director of Human Resources and in close partnership with the HR Manager to support the entire HR operation, providing exceptional, culturally sensitive human resource management by delivering quality services that embrace HPMG’s core values of compassion, innovation and excellence.
Position may be filled at the Consultant or Senior Consultant level, dependent upon level of experience, and skillset. Portfolio subject to change based on department/company needs or at leaders’ discretion. Company benefit package is subject to change.
- Employee relations and performance management. Provides consultation to employees and leaders. Assists with identifying, analyzing and implementing resolutions to highly sensitive issues. Assists or conducts investigations/interviews, collects/analyzes data, drafts reports and corrective action plans.
- HR policy administration and compliance. Provides guidance and advice to employees and leaders on HR-related issues, laws, policies, and procedures. Stays abreast of regulatory changes; interprets and acts on updates.
- Acts as an internal consultant by analyzing and recommending solutions to HR-related issues.
- Leave Absence Case Management. Includes all protected and long-term leave requests and cases such as FMLA, HFL, Workers’ Compensation, Temporary Disability Insurance, etc. Actively adjudicates and manages individual cases and coordinates with employee, leaders, payroll, and operations.
- Facilitates and leads HR-related communication for internal and external stakeholders and for on-line information platforms. Tracks and drives the annual HR communication calendar. Develops communication plans and materials.
- Assists with managing Provider Relations programs and projects. Acts in various capacities as assigned to include project lead, project manager, SME and general support.
- Conducts company human resources activities by providing support to internal and external stakeholders on diverse HR specialties.
- May assist as needed in other HR operational scope areas including recruiting, benefits, HR data and systems and provider relations.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field; additional experience or certifications may substitute for the specialized degree of study.
- Five years experience in a human resources exempt level capacity.
- One year performing employee relations or performance management functions.
- Project management experience.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) Certification desired.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent interpersonal and organization skills, proven ability to meet deadlines, and ability to influence others.
- Must have exceptional written communication skills.
HPMG offers an excellent benefit packageHPMG is committed to offering industry-leading benefits such as 100% company-sponsored, comprehensive medical and dental insurance for you and your family, life insurance, long-term care insurance, pension and profit sharing plans, retiree medical, paid time off, extended sick time, holidays, and more.
Hawaii Permanente Medical Group (HPMG) is the state's largest and most experienced multi-specialty group with over 600 physicians and providers supported by more than 100 administrative employees. Together, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality clinical care and services possible to Kaiser Permanente members in Hawaii. Many know Hawaii as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, sunny weather, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Hawaii an excellent place to live.