Legal Services Coordinator - Regulatory Compliance & Government Relations
The Legal Services Coordinator is responsible to assist the Director of Compliance in managing, developing and maintaining a robust compliance program by investigating compliance concerns, developing training & education on regulatory compliance matters, and preparing & maintaining documentation and reports.
- Work with the Director of Compliance to develop and maintain a robust compliance program, to include but not limited to, conducting internal investigations/reviews related to corporate & regulatory compliance matters.
- Ensures HPMG & PPG providers are appropriately trained and educated on the compliance program and its requirements.
- Researches, develops, reviews and recommends revisions to new and existing policies, regulations and guidelines.
- Conducts research on a variety of statutory & regulatory issues; performs legal research and analysis of statutes and case decisions; provides legal basis for proposed opinions and orders for the General Counsel and Associate General Counsel.
- Track all HPMG & PPG government relations activities involving state and federal governmental authorities.
- Provides administrative support, to include but not limited to scheduling/organizing meetings, production/distribution of correspondence & other documents or file preparation.
- Provides back up to Contract Management and Legal Matter Management staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, related field; Associate’s Degree with at least 3 years relevant experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree. Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Management is a plus.
- Paralegal Certificate with at least 2 years’ experience as a paralegal. At least 3 years’ relevant experience in a paralegal or legal assistant role of similar compliance content and/or government relations may be considered in lieu of Paralegal Certificate.
- Must have demonstrated legal knowledge related to health care industry.
- General familiarity with various accreditation/regulatory bodies & requirements.
- General familiarity with various healthcare industry reimbursement methodologies.
- Familiarity with general accounting principles.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively both horizontally & vertically within an organization and maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid, federal/state drug regulatory requirements preferred.
HPMG offers an excellent benefit packageHPMG is committed to offering industry-leading benefits such as 100% company-sponsored, comprehensive medical and dental insurance for you and your family, life insurance, long-term care insurance, pension and profit sharing plans, retiree medical, paid time off, extended sick time, holidays, and more.
Hawaii Permanente Medical Group (HPMG) is the state's largest and most experienced multi-specialty group with over 600 physicians and providers supported by more than 100 administrative employees. Together, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality clinical care and services possible to Kaiser Permanente members in Hawaii. Many know Hawaii as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, sunny weather, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Hawaii an excellent place to live.