Legal Services Coordinator - Regulatory Compliance & Government Relations (Paralegal experience preferred)
The Legal Services Coordinator is responsible to assist the Associate General Counsel and Director of Compliance in managing legal and compliance matters by conducting legal research, tracking government relations activities and maintaining a robust compliance program through internal reviews, policy development and maintenance and education. Paralegal experience strongly preferred.
- Conducts legal research, particularly in the healthcare arena, for the General Counsel and Associate General Counsel.
- Tracks government relations activities involving state and federal governmental authorities.
- Develops and maintains policies, procedures and associated education and training.
- Tracks reported compliance concerns, assists with internal reviews and maintains associated documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including administrative support and back up to Contract Management and Legal Matter Management staff.
- Paralegal Certificate with at least 2 years’ experience as a paralegal. At least 3 years’ relevant experience in a paralegal or legal assistant role of similar compliance content and/or government relations may be considered in lieu of Paralegal Certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree, related field; Associate’s Degree with at least 3 years relevant experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree. Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Management is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated legal knowledge related to health care industry.
HPMG offers an excellent benefit packageHPMG is committed to offering industry-leading benefits such as 100% company-sponsored, comprehensive medical and dental insurance for you and your family, life insurance, long-term care insurance, pension and profit sharing plans, retiree medical, paid time off, extended sick time, holidays, and more.
Hawaii Permanente Medical Group (HPMG) is the state's largest and most experienced multi-specialty group with over 600 physicians and providers supported by more than 100 administrative employees. Together, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality clinical care and services possible to Kaiser Permanente members in Hawaii. Many know Hawaii as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, sunny weather, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Hawaii an excellent place to live.