Legal Services Coordinator
HPMG is recruiting for a Legal Services Coordinator to perform a full range of administrative legal services. The ideal candidate will also assist the General Counsel & Executive Director of Legal Services and Government Relations in organization and management of legal department functions for HPMG.
- Lead, manage, and maintain claims management on legal matters involving current and/or prior claims.
- Partner with the Legal & Compliance Consultant to maintain the HPMG compliance program, to include but not limited to:
- Monitor and track PMG provider compliance training & conflict of interest disclosures.
- Maintain the KP compliance matter management system.
- Assist with tracking of review and revision process for policies.
- Perform research and analysis on legal statutes and case decisions. Prepare case summaries.
- Develop and maintain legal systems for tracking and maintenance on legal matters
- Provide backup administrative support to the General Counsel & Executive Director, Legal Services and Government Relations.
- Secondary backup to Contract Management assignments.
- Other essential duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Law, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in legal environment required. 2 years of experience in paralegal role with contracting or compliance experience preferred.
- 2 years of experience in a healthcare environment highly desired.
- Completion of paralegal or legal assistant training program or equivalent experience desired. Paralegal certification and/or Health Care Compliance certified highly preferred.
- Must have knowledge of legal and medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Must be able to perform analysis and legal research; prepare and draft logical and concise decisions, opinions, orders of law, legislation, policies & procedures.
- Requires strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Must be self-motivated and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
HPMG offers an excellent benefit packageHPMG is committed to offering industry-leading benefits such as 100% company-sponsored, comprehensive medical and dental insurance for you and your family, life insurance, long-term care insurance, pension and profit sharing plans, retiree medical, paid time off, extended sick time, holidays, and more.
Hawaii Permanente Medical Group (HPMG) is the state's largest and most experienced multi-specialty group with over 600 physicians and providers supported by more than 100 administrative employees. Together, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality clinical care and services possible to Kaiser Permanente members in Hawaii. Many know Hawaii as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, sunny weather, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Hawaii an excellent place to live.