Manager, Clinical Documentation and Reporting
HPMG is searching for an experienced Manager for Clinical Documentation and Reporting who will oversee inpatient and outpatient clinical documentation function. Researches and analyzes administrative and data needs for reimbursement and reporting. Identifies and addresses opportunities to improve clinical documentation and data submission. Develops process measures to ensure compliance to standards and regulations. Collaborates with appropriate departments and physicians/providers on mutual goals and objectives; supervises staff.
- Establishes and monitors standards of performance among all subordinates and ensures compliance.
- Hires, trains, supervises, counsels, disciplines, and terminates assigned staff as appropriate.
- Develops, administers, and maintains comprehensive annual budget. Analyzes, selects and implements programs necessary to achieve strategic and revenue cycle plans.
- Establishes, reviews and updates department goals.
- Directs resource consumption according to predetermined plans and controls.
- Oversees and coordinates clinical documentation of ICD-9 CM and CPT coding of professional services rendered to patients in both ambulatory and hospital-based venues, to include services furnished in non-Kaiser facilities.
- Plans, develops, conducts and coordinates clinical documentation and reporting training to orient physicians, providers, nurses, coders and other staff on policies, procedures, and recording patient information.
This is an exempt position.
- Bachelor’s degree in health administration or related field or four (4) years of experience in a directly related field in lieu of Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree in health administration or related field preferred.
- 5-7 years of management/leadership experience.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a health information management and/or medical record department setting.
- At least 5 years of coding experience.
- Prior experience in medical billing and claims in office and hospital setting.
- Prior experience with ICD-9 CM and CPT-4, and HCPCS classification systems, and CMS Prospective payment systems with understand of effect of data quality on prospective payments, utilization, and reimbursement.
- Experience with data systems and reporting for medical record coding, abstracting, chart deficiency, analysis, and recording of incomplete systems.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) by the AAPC or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) by the AHIMA.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and execute CMS Program memorandums, AHA Coding Clinic Guidelines and CPT Assistant references.
HPMG offers an excellent benefit packageHPMG is committed to offering industry-leading benefits such as 100% company-sponsored, comprehensive medical and dental insurance for you and your family, life insurance, long-term care insurance, pension and profit sharing plans, retiree medical, paid time off, extended sick time, holidays, and more.
Hawaii Permanente Medical Group (HPMG) is the state's largest and most experienced multi-specialty group with over 600 physicians and providers supported by more than 100 administrative employees. Together, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality clinical care and services possible to Kaiser Permanente members in Hawaii. Many know Hawaii as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, sunny weather, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Hawaii an excellent place to live.