Senior Financial Analyst
HPMG is recruiting for an experienced Sr. Financial Analyst who will design, prepare, and conduct comprehensive analyses related to various financial aspects of the organization. Primary area of focus will be analysis of outside claims data and providing analyses to support contract negotiations. This position will work in a hands-on capacity and must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Performs financial monitoring and analysis of outside medical services.
- Present analysis, recommendation, and/or solutions.
- Develop and maintain dashboards to help monitor spend cost, rate, and utilization trends.
- Perform data analytics and financial modeling.
- Perform claims audit for both internal and external claims.
- Concurrent review of monthly financial variances. Prepares summary analysis.
- Develops dashboards, reports, etc. and delivers presentations to leadership.
- Provides additional support to external contracted providers to ensure appropriate set up within KP systems and processes.
- Special projects, as assigned.
- Performs other essential duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a Major in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of previous financial analysis experience required. 5 or more years preferred.
- 3-5 years of financial modeling and reporting experience. Financial modeling and reporting within the healthcare industry desired.
- Previous experience working with and analyzing claims data highly desired.
- Certified Public Accountant Certification highly preferred.
- Must have thorough knowledge of accounting principles and strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and consultative skills with strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Project management, data mining, analysis and computer technical skills required.
- Must have advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and ability to perform data extraction from multiple data sources.
HPMG offers an excellent benefit packageHPMG is committed to offering industry-leading benefits such as 100% company-sponsored, comprehensive medical and dental insurance for you and your family, life insurance, long-term care insurance, pension and profit sharing plans, retiree medical, paid time off, extended sick time, holidays, and more.
Hawaii Permanente Medical Group (HPMG) is the state's largest and most experienced multi-specialty group with over 600 physicians and providers supported by more than 100 administrative employees. Together, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality clinical care and services possible to Kaiser Permanente members in Hawaii. Many know Hawaii as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, sunny weather, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Hawaii an excellent place to live.