Undergraduate Medical Education Coordinator
In collaboration with the Director, Professional Development, the Undergraduate Medical Education Coordinator will work closely to implement, oversee and/or supervise all administrative activities required by the undergraduate medical education program in order to maintain an optimal educational environment for trainees and continuous compliance with Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) requirements.
- Provides administrative oversight for all undergraduate medical education programs.
- Handles & tracks student onboarding process.
- Ensures compliance with all certification requirements.
- Assists with rotation schedule development.
- Provides administrative support to Faculty.
- Distributes written rotation goals and objectives to students and faculty; provides administrative support for curriculum updates and revisions.
- Monitors and ensures completion of all student, faculty and program evaluations; maintains student and faculty evaluation/portfolio files.
- Ensures timely updating and revision of printed and online rotation materials, to include oversight of maintenance of affiliation agreements.
- Updates and distributes lecture schedule.
- Manages and monitors undergraduate medical education budget.
- Serves as liaison to schools and coordinates regular check-ins as appropriate.
- Manages learner meeting areas, including preparing workspace areas for students and faculty.
- Coordinates the end-to-end HPMG Shadowing Pilot process.
- Applies Kaiser Permanente Continuous Improvement (KPCI) methods towards continuous improvement of processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, business, healthcare, or related field.
- Two (2) years prior administrator coordinator or related experience; prior experience with undergraduate medical education or residency program administration preferred.
- Prior experience with health care operations preferred.
- Maintains flexibility to ever-changing requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to just in time requests with accuracy.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- The ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to be on-site at events (including early mornings, evenings and weekends).
HPMG offers an excellent benefit packageHPMG is committed to offering industry-leading benefits such as 100% company-sponsored, comprehensive medical and dental insurance for you and your family, life insurance, long-term care insurance, pension and profit sharing plans, retiree medical, paid time off, extended sick time, holidays, and more.
Hawaii Permanente Medical Group (HPMG) is the state's largest and most experienced multi-specialty group with over 600 physicians and providers supported by more than 100 administrative employees. Together, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality clinical care and services possible to Kaiser Permanente members in Hawaii. Many know Hawaii as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, sunny weather, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Hawaii an excellent place to live.